There is nothing like the feeling of exploration and adventure when you are out camping in the wilderness or of traveling to new lands rich in culture. But if you are not prepared, camping can quickly turn into a nightmare and travel can be less than rewarding.
To make sure you have a great time, we have put together a list of the top ten camping essentials that can also be used for travel. From a stuffable camping pillow to an outdoor blanket and multi tool, these items will make sure you are always prepared for your next adventure! (Photo Credits: Image by krakenimages from unsplash)
2. Why is camping a popular travel activity?
Our biggest passions here at Ardency Elite include Travel and Camping. Most people love travel because it gets them out of their normal lives, exposes them to different cultures and provides an education that is nearly impossible to substitute.
Camping is popular because it can be enjoyed by people of all ages, is also a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, offers an opportunity to explore the great outdoors and connect with nature, and is a great way to save money while still having a great time.
No matter which you prefer - travel or camping - they offer experiences that will provide memories to last a lifetime.
Having the right gear is essential for making the most out of a camping experience and connecting with nature. It's great when camping gear can be used for travel as well. In this post, we'll take a look at ten pieces of outdoor equipment that are both versatile and functional, acting as pieces of essential gear for both traveling and camping. (Photo Credits: Image by timonrets from unsplash)
3. What are the top ten camping essentials that can be used for travel?
The top 10 camping essentials list usually includes items like some sort of fire starter, navigation gear, tent and sleeping bag, water purification systems and a knife, and others. However here is a list of camping essentials that aid in a fun, successful camping trip that can also be used for travel:
- Flashlight - It's important to have a reliable illumination source while camping; therefore, campers should always bring a flashlight or headlamp. It can provide light when natural daylight is no longer available. (Streamlight A Durable Flashlight)
- Clothing – For effective protection from changing weather conditions, it is critical that your clothing includes well-designed layers for insulation and moisture reduction. Investing in the right apparel will ensure your comfort and security during activities in fluctuating environments.
- Food - It's important to plan your meals ahead of time for a successful hiking trip. Consider bringing along lightweight, dehydrated options or energy-boosting snacks for the trail. This can help you maintain your energy levels and reach your destination as planned.
- Emergency Supplies - It's smart to be prepared by packing a first aid kit and some lightweight tools. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you are able to respond if an unexpected situation occurs.
- Multi Tool - Multi tools can be great additions to any camping gear or emergency supplies. These lightweight items are incredibly versatile, making them a must-have for any outdoors enthusiast. (Lever Gear Toolcard Pro, LEATHERMAN A Handy Pocket Multi-Tool)
- Toiletries – In order to ensure that everyone is comfortable and hygienic during a camping trip, it's essential to bring along basic sanitation supplies like toilet paper and baby wipes. Having these on hand can make all the difference when camping. (Nathan Shower Wipes)
- Camping Pillow - For a boost of comfort while camping, consider bringing an ultralight, packable stuffable camping pillow along with your lightweight sleeping bag. This type of pillow is ideal for squeezing into tight spaces in your backpack, serves as both a stuff sack and a pillow, and easily fits into your sleeping bag. If you're the type to sleep on your side while camping, this added extra provides much-needed comfort. Elan Quest Stuffable Camping Pillow
- Outdoor Blanket - Even when packing ultralight is a goal, bringing along an emergency blanket or outdoor blanket during camping trips can be highly beneficial. Such blankets are designed to provide the user with extra protection from cold temperatures, wind and rain in unplanned situations. (BEARZ Outdoor Blanket, YETI An Outdoor Blanket)
- Spare Batteries - Before going on a camping trip, it's important to inspect all flashlight and headlamp batteries. Additionally, having spare batteries available is always an effective precautionary measure in case of an emergency.
- Sun Protection - Camping being an outdoor activity, it's important to protect yourself from the sun. Have a checklist before you go, including sunglasses, clothes with SPF protection, and sunscreen. By following these simple steps, you can protect yourself from the harmful effects of overexposure to the sun.
(Photo Credits: Image by zesttea from unsplash)
4. How can you use these items for travel?
Traveling lighter and more economically is essential for both camping and travel adventures, so having camping gear that can pull double duty as travel accessories is a huge plus! Here are some tips on how to use these ten essential items when traveling:
- Flashlight – For travelers going on airplanes and railway sleeper cars, packing your camping flashlight is an important pre-trip consideration. The lighting in these vehicles is often reduced during some parts of the trip, so a flashlight will help ensure individuals can safely move around the cabin or car even during hours when visibility may be low.
- Clothing – Lightweight, breathable, and easy-to-wash layers used when camping are perfect solutions for everyday wear when traveling abroad. These same items can serve dual duty for camping trips and travel too!
- Food – Most domestic flights these days don't serve more than the most minimal snack. Additionally, the cost of food sold along airport concourses can be quite costly. The good news is that the same lightweight trail snacks might just do the trick to keep hunger at bay during your travels.
- Emergency Supplies – make sure to pack a first aid kit and a few basic tools so you know you’re prepared in case of an emergency.
- Multi-Tool - Packing your multi-tool in your checked luggage while traveling can come in very handy in a pinch. Use it to fix broken luggage.
- Toiletries – Most travelers pack travel sizes of their toiletries for trips abroad but consider also including the baby wipes you typically take camping. They are great for freshening up after a long overnight flight or train trip just before arriving at your destination.
- Outdoor Blanket - This can come in handing when the blanket provided on a plane or train is just not enough to keep you comfortable during that long trip. Keep that outdoor blanket you use while camping handy during those trips abroad and get that comfortable refreshing sleep that will leave you primed for arriving at your new destination.
- Camping Pillow - For those of us who find the commonly available neck pillows to be a cumbersome appendage on our carry-on luggage and constricting around the neck, we like this Elan Quest Stuffable Camping Pillow, and find it to be the best travel pillow and addition to our packing list than a typical neck pillow for travel. It is lightweight, easy to pack, customizable and serves double duty as a stuff sack and pillow.
- Spare Batteries - Who wants to be hunting down nearest camera store or super market in search of fresh batteries when you could be enjoying the next cultural site on your itinerary. Those spares you keep in your camping backpack come in handy in your sightseeing daypack as well.
- Sun protection - It is easy to forget how much time you spend outdoor while traveling. You can be exposed to the sun while waiting on train platforms, walking between museums or exploring architectural sites. So, it's just as important to protect yourself from the sun when traveling as when camping. So, be sure to include sunglasses, clothes with SPF protection, and sunscreen on your travel checklist as well.
(Photo Credits: Image by tompodmore86 from unsplash)
Having you stop by to read our blog is hugely rewarding to us. Thank you! We hope you've found it fun, informative and inspiring. If you have, you may also enjoy our post about "The Best Places To Stay On A Solo Trip, No Matter What Your Budget Is" or the one about "Top 10 Best Places to Visit in Thailand 2023."
Exploring the great outdoors and exploring other countries can be a truly rewarding experience, but only if you make sure that you have the right tools for the job. While these items may not be the only things you will need for camping or travel, they are some of the most important when it comes to being equipped to have a fantastic trip. Use the items listed here to create a solid foundation for your adventures, no matter where they take you! (Photo Credits: Image by cadop from unsplash)